Monday 29 September 2014

Masou Kishin Series and Updates


As mentioned before, I now have all of the Masou Kishin series in my collection. Unfortuantely, it looks like a while before I can really start playing all of them.

The biggest reason is the picture below:


This is a pic from the art book that came along with the Limited Edition Masou Kishin F box. It outlines how this series and the other OG series Super Robot games connect.

I knew about some of the series placements but I was quite surprised to see some that I didn't think had any bearing to the rest of the series.

Here's a translation:
Masou Kishin The Lord of Elemental Part 1
Super Robot Wars OG Original Generations (PS2)
Super Robot Wars OG Gaiden (PS2)
Endless Frontier EXCEED Super Robot Wars OG Saga (DS)
Another Century's Episode: R (PS3)
2nd Super Robot Wars OG (PS3)
Super Robot Wars OG Dark Prison (PS3)
Masou Kishin The Lord of Elemental Part 2

Of course, after The Lord of Elemental, the rest of the Masou Kishin will continue from there.

The surprise was to see ACE:R and Endless Frontier. I knew that both games had some cameo's from the OG series but was not aware that they actually were officially part of the story. I think I'll have to see if I can pick up Endless Frontier when I go to Japan later. I know they actually did translate that and brought it over but I do prefer Japanese text. I'll also have to see if I can get Dark prison some how.

In terms of the translation project, I've been working at it for a long while and I think I'm almost done. This next episode looks to be over 1.5 hours long despite cutting out quite a few scenes. Most likely due to the story event that takes place half way through the stage. I thought about splitting it but the transition between the stage and the story part just didn't sit well with me. I'm sure you guys are looking forward to this episode for a very long time. Hopefully I should have it upload it soon.

2 comments:

  1. That's good news ^^
    About the connection between series, I don't think Endless Frontier is a surprised, as there are references in 2nd OG. But yeah, didn't expect ACE:R at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Endless Frontier has ties with OGverse, but no ties to Masou Kishin itself. So you can skip this series if you like.
    EF is also conected to Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone games, so if you are interested in them, I advice you to check EF as well, but if you don't have time and only interested in MK, just skip EF.

    ReplyDelete